Counter interface module for DL205 PLC
The DL205 CPUs can be configured to work with the D2-CTRINT to provide the following features:
- Up to two built-in 5 KHz high-speed counters with 24 presets each. When the preset is reached, an interrupt routine in the CPU is executed. The D2-240 and D2-250 support 2 channels and the D2-230 supports 1 channel.
- Quadrature encoder input for clockwise and counter clockwise position control (D2-240/250)
- Programmable pulse output with external interrupts and separate acceleration and deceleration profiles for positioning and velocity control (5 K pulses per second max) (D2-240/ 250)
- 4 External interrupt inputs for immediate responses to tasks.
- Pulse catch feature allows the CPU to read 4 inputs, each having a pulse width as small as 0.1 ms.
- Programmable filters for reading up to 4 input signals to ensure input signal integrity
- Combine features to utilize the full potential of the module. Some modes do not use all available points. So in some cases, you can assign one of the other features to the point(s) not used by the main mode of operation.
- Even though some modes can be used together, you cannot use the module for closed-loop control
(i.e., you cannot use pulse output and counter input features together).
Note: The D2-CTRINT module is not supported by the Do-more H2 CPUs